In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday join volunteers across the nation as we foster literacy in our local communities and read to elementary students. Be sure to RSVP to obtain school assignment.
- Time range: 7:55 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Start and end times vary and are based on each school's timeline
- Readings will take place at various elementary schools throughout Santa Ana
- 1 - 2 volunteers will read to each classroom
- Volunteers will receive school, reading locations, and other information (by Thursday, February 23)
- An early RSVP will help ensure all volunteers receive their respective locations in a timely manner
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring a K-5 reading level book to read and donate to the school after the activity
- All volunteers will be asked to complete this waiver prior to the activity
Students enjoy being read to and seeing new faces in their classrooms. By participating in this activity you will be a part of reaching the FACE 2024 Education Goal: Cut the high school dropout rate in half. For more information on FACE 2024 click here.
To RSVP please click 'Yes' which is located at the top right-hand side of the screen. Please RSVP by February 17 so we may properly allot volunteers to schools and classrooms. Thank you for your interest and for making our community a better place!